Please note that there will be a delay in responding to reports submitted during the bank holiday weekend. Reports will be responded to as soon as possible from Tuesday 28th May.

Students can find information about alternative support here.

Staff members can access support through the Employee Assistance Programme.

If you have a safeguarding concern during this time, or need help now, please see the 'I need help now' page.

It can be very distressing if you have been accused of something including bullying, harassment, or sexual misconduct. It’s important to be aware that the university will not make assumptions and will not consider a person ‘at fault’ until an accusation has been investigated. All those involved in a complaint will be treated fairly and offered advice and support. 

It’s good practice to take time to reflect about the other person’s perception of your behaviour. Even if you feel that your behaviour was well-intentioned, your words or actions may have hurt or offended another person, and this may be thought of as an opportunity for learning, or perhaps for a change of approach. 

     •  Listen carefully to the complaint and to the particular concerns expressed. 

     •  Stop the behaviour that’s been complained about straight away; if you are deemed to have bullied or harassed somebody after their objection to your behaviour was made known to you, this will be seen as a more serious issue. 

     •  You are likely to need advice and support to understand the complaint: find a way to discuss the matter with someone you trust, such as a manager or tutor, or Student Support or HR to provide appropriate support. The Union of Kingston Students also offer an advice service

What happens when something is reported? 

When a report is made about a student or staff member, there are procedures that will be followed. The reporting party may wish to speak to a member of staff to discuss their options for informal or formal resolution. 

Get Support  

Students who are concerned about their behaviour can speak to:

Student Support and Wellbeing

Staff who are worried about their behaviour can speak to:

Employee Assistance Programme

Trade Unions 


There are two ways you can tell us what happened